Thursday, September 22, 2011

About Us

We are Eldon and Tanya Schoonover.  We have been together since Fall of 1996.  We married in June 2000.  We accepted Jesus Christ as our only living Savior in September 2002.  By our faith, we are saved, and by His grace.  We have tried to conceive a baby for a long time.  Maybe we were not consistent enough.  Maybe it just wasn't our time.  But now, in 2011, we are 35 and 43 and our time is running out to bear a child.  Therefore, we are going to look into fertility options.  First we are going to be tested to see if we can have children.  We are praying that it is not too costly.  We hope we can have children. I decided to quit my job in July 2010 and stay home to try to become pregnant, hoping the stress relief would help.  In summer of this year, 2011, we were approached with a huge opportunity to adopt.  To make a long story short, things were really working and we prepared for everything.  I read books and bought things to setup a nursery.  I painted and cleaned out the room to make room for the baby.  Friends helped by donating and things were coming together.  The closer we got to the due date, the more exciting and overwhelming it became.  And the week the baby was born, we had even started planning a shower with my two close friends.  We were at a HS football game when I got an anonymous text stating the adoption was off.  That weekend, we cried and became weak and sad.  That was the weekend I turned 35.  Needless to say, we healed and recovered from our pain with the help of the Lord and many of our family and friends.  Now, every day I get to look into the nursery and wonder if we can bring a baby home at all.  I do not want to dismiss my faith or the work of the Lord.  I am holding onto my faith and drawing closer to God, asking Him to please bless us with a child.  I pray in that room, for the crib, the rocking chair, the changing table, and even the diapers.  It's silly, I know, but if we just believe that we will receive and ask God to deliver, this could really happen for us.  It is difficult at times the enemy tells us lies like we don't deserve children to make us doubtful.  But the One who lives inside of us is stronger and bigger than the one who lives in the world.

This is where we are right now.  It's almost October 2011.  We will start testing as soon as this cycle ends.  If I am not pregnant this cycle, then I start my testing with a fertility monitor and Eldon with his own.  October 7th we see the fertility doctor to start preliminaries.  We're prayerful.

1 comment:

  1. YES! This makes my heart glad.

    Psalm 139----
    1 You have searched me, LORD,
    and you know me.
    2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
    3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
    4 Before a word is on my tongue
    you, LORD, know it completely.
    5 You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
    6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

    7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
    8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
    9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
    10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
    11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
    12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.

    ReplyDelete