Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm not in control

I had a lot to think about this weekend.  I thought about why things don't seem to happen for me, or why they don't go my way.  I easily got caught up in myself so much that my attitude turned negative.  Every thought that came into my head or every feeling I felt or every word I spoke, ended up negative.  Even my body responded to this negativity.  It was making me weak and sick.  Eldon told me I gotta stop being negative about everything because one day I will have a heart attach.  He is right. 

I prayed to God and waited for some advice.  He reminded me of many verses in Psalms that tells me how great He is and all the wonderful things He does for me.  And if He is my Rock and Salvation, my refuge in times of trouble, why didn't I go to Him? He also reminded me, and this I heard from Him at the concert, that He is the one in control.  Not me.  Sure, I can plan things, but He is what makes those plans come to pass according to His will.  Example, the adoption didn't go through the way we thought it would according to our plans.  But God knows what's best for us.  He knows why.  So, either I could raise my hands and ask why and throw a pity party for one.  Or I can celebrate the idea that He is looking out for me and has better plans for me. 

So, I need to stop focusing on myself because that's where all kinds of sin rise up.  But I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God.  Who loved me and gave himself up for me. Galations 2:20.  So, my sins are forgiven in Christ Jesus.  I no longer live for myself, I live for Him by faith.  This means I am sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see. Hebrews 11:1.  Jesus gave Himself up for me at the cross.  He wasn't thinking of himself.  He was thinking of me.  Because He loves me.  Now that is worth holding onto.

So, when things do not go the way you plan just remember that God is in control and He will hold your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment